Author Topic: Send Errors  (Read 1854 times)

Offline Dan Nelson

Send Errors
« on: September 25, 2019, 10:13:34 AM »
I've ported my mail server to a new host and cannot get the new install of roundcube to send email.  The old host is running Debian 6 with an older versions of roundcube, dovecot, postfix and apache2.  The new host is running the latest Debian 10.  Roundcube is installed as a Debian package.

Postfix is running fine, I can connect and send mail from 3 different email clients.

When I try to send from Roundcube I get tls errors.

Out: 220 mail.dannelson.net ESMTP
 In:  EHLO [10.1.1.8]
 Out: 250-mail.dannelson.net
 Out: 250-PIPELINING
 Out: 250-SIZE 50000000
 Out: 250-VRFY
 Out: 250-ETRN
 Out: 250-STARTTLS
 Out: 250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
 Out: 250-8BITMIME
 Out: 250-DSN
 Out: 250 CHUNKING
 In:  STARTTLS
 Out: 454 4.7.0 TLS not available due to local problem

I get similar messages in other log files.

It looks like a Postfix problem, but the certificates look ok and configured such that 3 different email clients work with it.

I thought I'd point roundcube to the old host to see if I could send mail through it.  Same problem.  Yet roundcube on the old host talks to postfix on the old host without problem.

Roundcube is configured to use tls.  I think I've tried every configuration setting but I'm getting nowhere.  I've been trying to get this going for several days now with no success.  If I can't get this to work my next step is to uninstall the roundcube package and install it from source.

Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks
Dan

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: Send Errors
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 02:17:35 AM »
What type of certificate is your SMTP server using. It could be a cert verification error. Have a look at https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/wiki/FAQ#problems-connecting-imapsmtp-server-via-ssltls
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline Dan Nelson

Re: Send Errors
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 06:14:48 AM »
Thanks for the reply.  I think you're right, it has something to do with certificates.  I've tried several different things.  I'm currently using the certificates that I used on the old host.
I'll check out the link that you gave me, I've had a quick look and it looks promising.  Will have a chance to work on it later tonight.