Author Topic: Importing directly to a group  (Read 2941 times)

Offline SLBen

Importing directly to a group
« on: October 04, 2019, 07:50:03 PM »
How do I import over 200 emails into a specific group? After reviewing old forum questions, it seems this has been a problem since 2012 with several need the same solution but no replies or solutions given.

When I import the contacts go into Personal Addresses parent folder. Then I have to look for every name, highlights and drag to the group. And if I delete a name in the Personal Addresses folder, it is also deleted from the group.

Wish there was an easy way to simply import those 200 contacts directly into a group, even if they end up also in the Personal Addresses folder at the same time. My host provider doesn't have a solution either and sent me to Roundcube.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Importing directly to a group
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 09:12:32 PM »
Your import file has to have the groups in it, groups are read from "Group" or "Categories" columns in cvs file. The field can contain more than one group using semicolon as separator.

Its not really documented as noted here: https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/issues/6668

Offline SLBen

Re: Importing directly to a group
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 12:44:58 PM »
Sorry. I don't understand. Is there a tutorial or video on this anywhere giving a step by step? How do I identify the group somewhere in the csv or somewhere else? Thanks for input.