Author Topic: Porting mail from GoDaddy to RoundCube problems  (Read 2303 times)

Offline marktboulder

Porting mail from GoDaddy to RoundCube problems
« on: October 10, 2019, 02:40:30 PM »
So, we changed from GoDaddy to a different hosting service, and this one uses RoundCube for email. Using my PC, I connected to the GoDaddy email accound via IMAP and also connected to the RoundCube account. I dragged the inbox and sent messages across and they copied just fine and could be seen in RoundCube. There were several sub-folders on the GoDaddy account that we also want to have ported to RoundCube. Created a subfolder to Archive under Inbox, called clients. Dragged the individual client folders into this, and in Outlook they are sitting right there in the SiteGround (RoundCube) mailbox in Outlook. As I dragged, there appeared to be a process of syncing going on to upload those to the RoundCube mail server. So far, so good.

Problem is that when I get onto RoundCube and set that clients subfolder to be subscribed, there are no subfolders and no messages to be seen. How can I get RoundCube to re-sync with the server, or is there a way to troubleshoot where the problem is. It took an appropriate amount of sync time that I assume the data actually made it onto the mail server, but how can I verify this? Is there a way to look at what's on the server without using the RoundCube software to see if the data are really there and just not being seen by the software? Is there a way to force a sync with RoundCube to see if it will see the data now? Is there a better way to do this that I haven't discovered yet?

Thanks for your help.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Porting mail from GoDaddy to RoundCube problems
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 01:27:41 PM »
Roundcube is just a webmail client that shows what is on the IMAP server so there is no Roundcube sync. Its possible Roundcube isn't subscribed to the folder you could check to see if you see the folder in the folder list under settings. Otherwise I'd recommend reaching out to your hosting provider and ask them for support.