Author Topic: Auto subscribe to new folder when using subaddressing email account  (Read 4599 times)

Offline digitalwires

Using Roundcube through webmail, is there a way, in Settings, to auto-subscribe to new folders created when using an email subaddress?

For instance, if I send an email to mike+new-subaddress@mydomain.com a folder is created in Roundcube mail for new-subaddress but I will not see that using Roundcube unless I go to Manage Folders using the gear icon at the bottom of the left navigation. I can then see the new folder created and then check it to see the folder when in my Inbox. I would like to be able to have these automatically subscribed to when creating the new plus email address.

This does happen in Outlook Mac - a new folder is created under my account but not automatically in RoundCube webmail.

Any ideas?

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: Auto subscribe to new folder when using subaddressing email account
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2019, 04:44:41 AM »
It sounds to me like the fault lies with what ever process is creating those folders and that it should tell your IMAP server to subscribe to the new folder when it is created.

Another option would be to use the subscriptions_option plugin which ships with Roundcube. This plugin adds an extra config option to make Roundcube show all folders regardless of if you have subscribed to them or not.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline digitalwires

Re: Auto subscribe to new folder when using subaddressing email account
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2019, 11:58:22 AM »
Thanks, JohnDoh.

I'll contact my hosting provider to see if this is possible.