Author Topic: Description of filters settings  (Read 4448 times)

Offline vlskrbek

Description of filters settings
« on: October 18, 2019, 08:30:52 AM »
Hello,

I would like to ask for help. Does anybody know how to set filter rules? Or is there any documentation for filters in Roundcube Webmail 1.3.9?
I would like to set the rule condition and do not know what means the option:
... (three dots)

If I choose it then there are two options. The first look like the name of the field and the second looks like the value.
But what can I put to the name of field? Where can I find the right names of fields?

What I need is the filter for "Redirected From" value. For example in the email meesage header I see this:
X-Sieve-Redirected-From: name@domain.zz
Should I put for the first one the whole text "X-Sieve-Redirected-From" or can I put just "Redirected-From".
And for the second should I put "name@domain.zz"?

When I put it there, it is now shown in the list. But I would like to be sure that it is OK.

Best Regards
Vladimír Skrbek

Best Regards
« Last Edit: October 23, 2019, 03:03:28 AM by vlskrbek »

Offline Starb7

Re: Description of filters settings
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 12:01:46 PM »
It seems there is a distinct lack of 'Help' (and knowledge) on the documentation when it coms to 'Filters'.  If anyone know how (or where the Help section is) to use Filters, can they let us know.  I am particularly interested in the 'Set Variable' section, specifically on how to use it.  TIA

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 03:10:50 AM »
@vlskrbek: put "X-Sieve-Redirected-From" and "equals" "name@domain.zz"

@Starb7: you can find some information on the sieve variables extension here https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc5229
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline vlskrbek

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 03:28:54 AM »
Thanks.