Author Topic: Settings just white blank page  (Read 4376 times)

Offline Robert Dinse

Settings just white blank page
« on: November 04, 2019, 11:18:53 PM »
     We recently upgraded Ubuntu 19.04 to 19.10 on our web server.  This included an upgrade from PHP7.2 to 7.3.  An old version (1.2) which we had installed stopped working altogether, everything just a blank white page.  So I grabbed the latest stable, 1.3, and upgraded to it.  Everything seems to be working except Settings, it produces a plain black page.  The only php error was a track_errors deprecated.  I'm not seeing any other errors in the PHP error log.  I've enabled the installer and checked the config and environment and everything is OK according to it.  Any suggestions on how to resolve would be much appreciated.  I am running PHP 7.3.11, you can see the full details of our PHP installation at https://www.eskimo.com/phpinfo.php.  We are also using mariadb  Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.3.17-MariaDB, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 5.2.  It is supposed to be a drop-in replacement for MySQL and for the rest of our LAMP applications it appears to be working fine,

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Settings just white blank page
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 10:57:20 AM »
Are you using any plugins? What errors are in the Roundcube error log?

Offline Robert Dinse

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2019, 07:03:54 PM »
No plugins, no errors in the roundcube error log at all,

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2019, 09:07:47 PM »
If there is a blank white page there should be an error somewhere, maybe your web server is catching the error and putting it somewhere else.

Offline Robert Dinse

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2019, 10:31:19 PM »
I have PHP logging to syslog, nothing relevant to RoundCube there.  I've seen one other person who had this problem and solved it by deleting the existing database and re-starting from scratch but the installer does
not see anything wrong with the database.  I even turned display errors on in PHP and the only error printed is "Deprecated: Directive 'track_errors' is deprecated in Unknown on line 0",  Interestingly with display_error = On NOTHING functions, won't show me any of my mail.