Author Topic: migrate db script sqlite -> mysql  (Read 7561 times)

Offline tessus

migrate db script sqlite -> mysql
« on: November 10, 2019, 05:06:23 PM »
Hello,

I've been using Roundcube for years now and I think it is time to move from sqlite to mysql. However, there's no documentation on how to do that, nor are there any scripts available.

It would be great, if there was a script that takes care of all that. Or even a document would be enough.

Of course I could manually export tables from sqlite and import them into mysql. Is this going to be enough? Do I have to take care of any other things (except changing the config file). I could only find the wiki page which references the defaults.inc.php. It's very well documented (great job), but some info is still missing. e.g. when using apc can I use APCu, or do I have to use the old apc extension?

I would also like to get some info on: when is sqlite no longer appropriate? A comparison of caching backends. e.g. mostly the php igbinary serializer is faster than redis. But maybe there are other reasons why someone would pick redis. Basically a best practices document would be a great addition.

Cheers,
  K. C.

P.S.: What's up with the captcha stuff? I'm a registered user, yet I have to enter a captcha every time?

Offline tessus

Re: migrate db script sqlite -> mysql
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2019, 04:22:55 PM »
ping

Offline allgama

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2021, 12:23:59 PM »
Where you able to migrate from Sqlite to Mysql?

Offline tessus

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2022, 11:00:06 PM »
Where you able to migrate from Sqlite to Mysql?

No, I never got any answer. I even opened an issue on github, but it was ignored there as well. I am not sure why nobody answered to either of the posts.