Author Topic: Accessing Dovecot Managesieve via Roundcube.  (Read 778 times)

Offline joea

Accessing Dovecot Managesieve via Roundcube.
« on: January 18, 2024, 05:39:29 PM »
Having stumbled my way this far, setting up dovecot pigeonhole and managesieve, and finding no usable extensions for Thunderbird, moved on to configure Roundcube, where I can now find "Create Filter" and click on it, without visible complaint.

However, nothing seems to happen.

Dovecot and access via TB and Roundcube worked fine before and still appear to work, just, not for managesieve. 

Kinda/sorta looks like port 4190 not "bound" to anything.   Attempt to telnet to localhost 4190 gives connection refused.

Oh, dear, just clicked with me that in the selection box, only "Import" seems active, everything else is "dimmed".
Come to remember, that was the case before today, but "create filter" was not there.

Guidance?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 06:20:14 PM by joea »

Offline joea

Re: Accessing Dovecot Managesieve via Roundcube.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2024, 06:30:47 PM »
Having stumbled my way this far, setting up dovecot pigeonhole and managesieve, and finding no usable extensions for Thunderbird, moved on to configure Roundcube, where I can now find "Create Filter" and click on it, without visible complaint.

However, nothing seems to happen.

Dovecot and access via TB and Roundcube worked fine before and still appear to work, just, not for managesieve. 

Kinda/sorta looks like port 4190 not "bound" to anything.   Attempt to telnet to localhost 4190 gives connection refused.

Oh, dear, just clicked with me that in the selection box, only "Import" seems active, everything else is "dimmed".

Come to remember, that was the case before today, but "create filter" was not there.

Guidance?

Ah, but, selecting, on the left side "Settings" I do see a choice to create filters and get "unable to connect to server" when I attempt it.   

Looks like this is a problem on dovecot side.   I'll follow up there as well. 

Offline joea

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2024, 06:37:28 PM »
While I asked on the dovecote list and await further hints, anyone here have any experience with setting up managesieve

I seem to have "hit the wall" with the problem of managesieve not "binding" port 4190.  Nothing else has claimed it, so, I suppose managesieve is not configured correctly and despite no observed log errors or errors starting dovecot, there is no access to managesieve via 4190.

None of my internet scouring has helped.

Offline Dmitry42

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2024, 10:53:43 PM »
may be this can help you https://www.dmosk.ru/miniinstruktions.php?mini=roundcube-managesieve
it working instruction, but its on Russian

Offline joea

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2024, 09:50:56 AM »
Thanks for the offer, but I do not read Russian.   Translation extensions appear a bit too intrusive for my tastes.

Offline joea

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2024, 02:25:03 PM »
oops . . . see below, problem still exists, but now I see roundcube appears to be attempting to connect on port 2000.  Some people are not too observant these days.

Still, if someone has a solution, it could save me a lot of investigative work.

>>>>>>

Corrected the issue with port 4190 not bound, but still cannot connect.

Upon clicking on "Filters" in Roundcube,  tail -f /var/log/roundcubemail/errors.log show the below:

[23-Jan-2024 19:18:06 +0000]: <d4krb8kk> PHP Error: Connection refused (GET /roundcube/?_task=settings&_action=plugin.managesieve)
[23-Jan-2024 19:18:06 +0000]: <d4krb8kk> PHP Error: Unable to connect to managesieve on localhost:2000 in /srv/www/roundcubemail/plugins/managesieve/lib/Roundcube/rcube_sieve_engine.php on line 227 (GET /roundcube/?_task=settings&_action=plugin.managesieve)
[23-Jan-2024 19:18:06 +0000]: <d4krb8kk> PHP Error: Not currently in AUTHORISATION state (GET /roundcube/?_task=settings&_action=plugin.managesieve)
[23-Jan-2024 19:18:06 +0000]: <d4krb8kk> PHP Error: Not currently connected (GET /roundcube/?_task=settings&_action=plugin.managesieve)

This is in /etc/roundcubemail/managesieve.inc.php:

$config['managesieve_port'] = 4190;
$config['managesieve_host'] = 'localhost';
« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 02:42:32 PM by joea »