Author Topic: roundcube - raspberrypi  (Read 2348 times)

Offline Mark08J

roundcube - raspberrypi
« on: December 15, 2019, 07:43:48 AM »
I have installed roundcube on my raspberrypi and also the necessary components like Apache, PHP, now I am at a login screen and don't know which login data I should enter there.
I'm new to roundcube, I wanted to replace roundcube with Thunderbird+pi Dekstop+VNC, is roundcube something for me?
Thank you very much for the help.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: roundcube - raspberrypi
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2019, 01:20:31 PM »
Roundcube is a mail client, similar to Thunderbird only web based. On the login form you need to enter your IMAP creds, which are verified against your IMAP server.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline Mark08J

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2019, 10:30:19 AM »
I want exactly that, I want to retrieve my mail accounts about it, how can I add gmail, t-online and others?

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2019, 01:08:31 PM »
you could define an array of all the IMAP servers you want to connect to in default_host like described here https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/wiki/Configuration#imap-server-connection then you will get a select box on the login screen so you can select which server you want to login to.

Roundcube doss not support multiple multiple imap accounts under a single "roundcube" login (there is no such thing as a "roundcube" login)
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline Mark08J

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2019, 12:35:11 PM »
Thanks, I'll try it out sometime these days.

Edit:
I need some help again how should the SMTP line look like that he takes the login name?

Edit2:
I did it alone
Roundcube is really super I hope that soon you can retrieve multiple mail at the same time as in Thunderbird.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 12:52:11 PM by Mark08J »