Author Topic: Server move and upgrade  (Read 4049 times)

Offline lraymond

Server move and upgrade
« on: December 13, 2019, 11:42:01 AM »
Good morning all.  I am taking over and trying to get things organized.  The client has their domain at HostGator doing mail hosting, web hosting, etc.   We are moving off an old CentOS 6 server to a new Ubuntu 18.04 dedicated server in AWS.

The server is administrated from a WHM/Cpanel and poking around I can see there on 1.3.6.  I don't see a local MySQL database that matches, but in the /root filesystem there is a /mail folder and all users are there.

So, on a high level, what is the easiest way to get that server/data moved over?  I really don't know how they do it, I did some reading, and while on that server I see in the config.inc.php file;
$config['db_dsnw'] = 'mysql://roundcube:xxx@unix(/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock)/roundcube';

So to me that is saying use MySQL, but I don't see a roundcube database.

I want to do a clean latest 1.4 install on the new server, then just move everyone over.  I can re-create them if need be, but then can I just copy the mail folder over?

Thanks for all read/replies.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Server move and upgrade
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2019, 01:34:19 PM »
CPanel typically uses a SQLite database located in /home/<CPaaS user account>/etc/<CPaaS user account>.rcube.db but HostGator may have something different setup. Typical the actual email is in /home/<CPaaS user account>/mail