Author Topic: All my Canned Responses got deleted!  (Read 2033 times)

Offline MELISSAW1010

All my Canned Responses got deleted!
« on: January 06, 2020, 02:41:37 PM »
I had 40 canned responses to send when I compose emails and now they have all disappeared. Roundcube deleted them and switched my email format out of HTML this past hour. I fixed that but  My hosting company Siteground can not figure out as of yet how to get the canned responses back. This is the second time that this has happened and I was SOL the first time. Is there anyway to retrieve them??

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: All my Canned Responses got deleted!
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2020, 03:50:03 PM »
Roundcube is a piece of software not a service provider. The only people who can tell how/why the canned responses were deleted is your hosting provider. You have a pretty narrow window when it happened so they should be able to find something in their logs and hopefully they have backups and put them back for you.

From your description it sounds like you lost your settings as well. That's a clue. Just a guess but one possibility is that a duplicate userid has somehow been created in the Roundcube db and this new id does not have all your settings, canned response, etc. But again only someone with access to the database behind the Roundcube installation you are using would be able to look into that.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦