Author Topic: Mail Notes and Special Folder(s) with Custom Fields  (Read 2603 times)

Offline appletech

Mail Notes and Special Folder(s) with Custom Fields
« on: March 30, 2020, 10:51:06 AM »
Hello,

This is a question asking for two different types of features.

1. Notes on email messages:

I am looking for a way, e.g. a plugin or native support, to add comments/notes to any email message, something like XNote++ Thunderbird plugin. The note created for a particular email message should be persistent even if the mail message is moved to other mail folder(s). The Note should only be discarded only when the message is irreversibly deleted.

An indication that a note has been created for any message should be available in the Mailbox View (Message List) in any folder.

When a mail message is open for viewing, an icon should provide the ability to create a Note for that message (or open / edit an already existing one).

2. Special Folder(s) with Custom Fields

The generic idea is to support "Custom" (Special) Folders, for which the RoundCube user would be able to define custom fields for emails added therein.

The values of these fields should be displayed in Mailbox View when displaying the particular Folder. Also, when viewing an email (contained in that Folder), these custom fields should be available for editing.

The contents of the folder, including the message itself and the values of the custom fields, should be exportable to cvs/xls/html/xml.

In case the user tries to move a message to another folder, the user could see a system message that by moving the email out of the Custom Folder, custom field values will be lost.

In my case, I would like for example, to use such a custom special folder as a Register with the following custom fields:
  • a custom number (an ID)
  • a date/time
  • a title/description

Does anyone know if any of the above (or similar) feature(s) are available in RoundCube with or without plugins?

If there is no such functionality, can you suggest alternative ideas?

If I propose the above as a feature request does it stand any chance to be implemented?

Thanks in advance,
Nick

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Mail Notes and Special Folder(s) with Custom Fields
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 01:08:47 PM »
I think both features could be done with plugins and aren't generally needed or requested enough to get built into the core.

Offline waliwdenko

Re: Mail Notes and Special Folder(s) with Custom Fields
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2023, 02:53:00 PM »
@appletech: for first point you could try my new plugin: https://packagist.org/packages/prefo-pl/email_notes