Author Topic: IMAP default folders language  (Read 6047 times)

Offline Harlequin

IMAP default folders language
« on: April 06, 2020, 10:28:58 AM »
Hello,

I have a Plesk installation with Roundcube. Everything worked fine, but today I was setting up my imap mails and the default folders wich are created: draft, spam, sent, trash are not translated into german (i have installed outlook 2019).
I tried to get this working but I'm not able to do this. The folders seem right when I login to webmail (at least there they are german) but when i setup the account in outlook the default folders are always shown in english.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks for your help

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: IMAP default folders language
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 12:43:35 PM »
Roundcube has a feature which displays the names of your special folders in the language configured in your user settings. See the config option `show_real_foldernames`. It sounds like Outlook is just displaying the folder name as it is provided by your IMAP server.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline Harlequin

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2020, 11:17:36 AM »
ok, i tried this and it seems like in roundcube they are correct.
But in Outlook 2019 they are in englisch and I was not able to get this to work properly and display the names in german.

Don´t know whats wrong with Outlook

Offline Harlequin

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2020, 12:44:19 PM »
i managed to translate the folders but now I'm running in the next problem.
Seems like roundcube is always creating the "sent" folder even when I connect another folder to be the /sent.
i cannot prevent roundcube from doing this...

has anyone had such a problem before?

Outlook finds the sent folder and subscribes to it. The mails who are sent are in the correct folder "gesendete" (sent in german) and not in the sent folder wich is fine, but I dont understand why this folder is getting created then.

Greetings

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2020, 01:10:45 PM »
Roundcube only creates special folders on initial login and only if the config var `create_default_folders` is true.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…