Author Topic: Roundcube disconnected from wordpress site  (Read 3357 times)

Offline codexhistoriae

Roundcube disconnected from wordpress site
« on: June 03, 2020, 03:00:40 AM »
Hello everyone,

I want to preface this with an apology: I don't know much about either roundcube or wordpress. I took over my organisation's website and everything else with virtually no information on this subject from my predecessors, who will not respond to my questions.

I run a small student magazine that had a new website built for it by an enthusiastic volunteer about 5 years ago. I took over the magazine and thus also the website about a year ago. Before I took over, this volunteer would sometimes step in to fix technical issues but he isn't responding to my emails. The website is organized via wordpress and our mailbox uses (obviously I guess) roundcube.

About a month ago, surfing to the mailbox subsection of our site (url.com/roundcube) began resulting in a "page not found" error. I have no idea what happened. As far as I know, no one tampered with the site. I cannot find a roundcube plugin in the wordpress list of plugins, but I don't think it was there even before the error started turning up.

Again, I'm sorry for my lack of knowledge on this subject. I've been trying to understand the problem for the last month whenever I had spare time, but honestly I haven't had much of that. If there's any more information needed to help me with this, I'd be happy to provide it if I can.

Thanks very much.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Roundcube disconnected from wordpress site
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 03:20:19 PM »
Roundcube isn't related to Wordpress so it was likely setup separately. Maybe you could contact your web host and ask them if they know anything about it?

Offline codexhistoriae

Re: Roundcube disconnected from wordpress site
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2020, 06:52:46 AM »
Thank you, I'll see if I can contact them!