Author Topic: How to fix?  (Read 1390 times)

Offline pquodling

How to fix?
« on: June 27, 2020, 07:56:27 AM »
I am running roundcube V1.3.5 on a MediaTemple Gridserver instance. It seems to have gone haywire - I can't see half of my folders, some are greyed out. It probably makes sense to upgrade to a latest version, but the instructions for doing so, talk about backing up my webmail database. (MySQL) I suspect that the database backuped or otherwise is corrupted.  I can go to the same mail account directly from the IOS mail app on my iphone or ipad, and it works fine.

I am assuming that if I use the current or even the backedup database, I will inherit it's corruption.  Is there a way of "decorrupting" the database, or if I do a fresh install, will it pick up all of the structure from the imap Deamon?

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: How to fix?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2020, 12:07:56 PM »
Goto settings > folders and check your folder subscriptions. Folders show up greyed out when you are subscribed to child folders but not the parent.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline pquodling

Re: How to fix?
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2020, 06:09:49 PM »
Wow, that was non-intuitive - didn't know why the tick boxes, or why they had changed. But seems to have fixed it - still probably worth doing an upgrade, I guess.