Author Topic: Need Bulk Download of EMails to .mbox File  (Read 1913 times)

Offline jch50754

Need Bulk Download of EMails to .mbox File
« on: July 01, 2020, 06:08:03 PM »
Hello. I REALLY NEED Roundcube to supply either an external app that we can load on our client or better yet a selection off of the MORE... menu pick that allows for Bulk Download of EMails from a folder and produces a .mbox file. Then we can use Roundcube's already-supplied Import facility. Reason why we need this where we are is that we are switching accounts to support a re-branding project for our museum.

I access use of RoundCube as a user via the WebMail (CPanel) host applic. WebMail used to also host 2 other mail systems called "Horde" and Squirrelmail". Horde used to provide bulk EMail Export by folder to an .mbox file. Roundcube has the Import capability already built in. However the Horde interface was dropped by WebMail 2 days ago due to non-compliance. This is where I am asking Roundcube to now provide this bulk email facility. Roundcube already provide Export of ONE email message at a time to a .eml file. I need Roundcube to develop a menu selection that will do all (or nearly all) of the emails in one folder... in-bulk.

Respectfully submitted,
jch50754

Offline Samir

Re: Need Bulk Download of EMails to .mbox File
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2020, 07:16:29 PM »
If you really need this capability in a hurry, you can install Horde locally and then connect to your mail server and do a download that way.  It will take some time since it has to download each email from your email server to the server that Horde is on, but then you'll have the .mbox file you need.