Author Topic: Switched to new website now roundcube won't work  (Read 1732 times)

Offline lc130

Switched to new website now roundcube won't work
« on: July 23, 2020, 01:32:35 PM »
Hi All

I'm not a tech person.  I had a new website built with the same address.  As far as I know, roundcube wasn't in my old website.  It was and I believe still is where my email account lives (charlie@atlanticfinancialplan.com). My incoming emails stopped, once I switched to the new website.  Though, I can still send from it.  Any idea what needs to be fixed.

Any help is appreciated!

Charlie

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Switched to new website now roundcube won't work
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 02:09:19 PM »
The MX records need to be pointed to the server where your email is managed. Your email provided should be able to give you those details.

Offline lc130

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 03:43:06 PM »
Thank you.  What does that mean in layman's terms?  Can I do this myself?  Does it involve godaddy, roundcube, the new website or all three?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 12:55:35 PM »
It somewhat difficult to describe in layman's terms, DNS is full of abbreviations and technical jargon. It doesn't involve Roundcube at all its going to be between your email provider who needs to provide you the MX information and either your new website provider or GoDaddy whoever is managing the DNS records.