Author Topic: "Server Error! (OK)" when opening Inbox (redux)  (Read 6379 times)

Offline Samir

"Server Error! (OK)" when opening Inbox (redux)
« on: July 22, 2020, 07:24:18 PM »
So apparently this has happened in the past in different versions since I found the following thread with my exact same issue:
https://www.roundcubeforum.net/index.php/topic,23440.msg63509.html#msg63509

I'll quote the first post:
"
Hi,

at one of our clients account the Inbox folder cant be displayed. He gets this message: "Server Error (OK)".

The Problem only occurs with the Inbox folder. Every other folder works fine, and in Thunderbird/Outlook we don't have any problem with the Inbox Folder.

I have this exact same problem only with the default email on a cpanel instance with a host.  My cell phone's generic imap client can see the messages fine and all other folders and all other email accounts on the server work fine.

The host's response is something I don't believe:
"Webmail can't handle that much email in inbox, we see in your screenshot is it 289,161 emails."  "Webmail is unable to handle that many emails in one single folder." 

I don't think either of these is true because the inbox is still receiving emails and my cell phone client is able to see them.  It is important to note that Horde also has the exact same access problem as roundcube. 

From my roundcube about:
Roundcube Webmail 1.4.6

Installed plugins
Code: [Select]
Plugin Version License Source
archive 3.4 GPLv3+
calendar 3.5.3 AGPLv3 Download
carddav 3.0.3 GPL-2.0 Download
cpanellogin 11.58 cPanel License (Proprietary)
cpanellogout 11.58 cPanel License (Proprietary)
filesystem_attachments 1.0 GPLv3+
jqueryui 1.12.0 GPLv3+
libcalendaring 3.5.2 AGPLv3 Download
libkolab 3.5.3 AGPLv3 Download
return_to_webmail 11.88 cPanel License (Proprietary)

Any thoughts or ideas appreciated!

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: "Server Error! (OK)" when opening Inbox (redux)
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 02:49:48 AM »
"Server Error (OK)" does not tell us much. Try with all plugins disabled. Check your browser's JS console errors and the Roundcube error log. May be enable imap_debug and have a look at that, make sure the IMAP server's response. The fact you can still receive emails does not mean that the number of messages cannot cause issues, the IMAP server could timeout while listing them.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline Samir

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 12:33:52 PM »
Thank you for the reply!

I will check the browser js console errors, although it usually will tell me of any errors as they happen.  I'm not sure if I will be able to look at the error logs and my host refuses to provide the information or look into it further.

The message comes almost immediately after roundcube or horde is loaded so it doesn't seem to be an imap timeout, but more like an imap refusal.  Is it possible for an imap server to do this, and should I look into the imap server configuration as well?

Offline Samir

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 12:41:21 PM »
So I just checked a system that is regularly trying to open the default mailbox because roundcube is open on it, and saw the inbox opened.  I tried to open a message in another tab and got the following message:  "Unexpected condition from IMAP server, closed or corrupt connection to IMAP. Possible mailbox corruption."

Otherwise, all the messages were listing like normal.  I attempted to refresh the inbox and got the "Server Error! (OK)" message again.  Thoughts?

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 02:38:11 AM »
tis message is clear
Unexpected condition from IMAP server, closed or corrupt connection to IMAP. Possible mailbox corruption.
without access to your roundcube config or logs or to your IMAP server logs there is not much you can do. Your mailbox appears to be corrupt. You should contact your provider again.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline Samir

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2020, 01:17:10 PM »
Thank you.  I sent that to them too and they acknowledged that it seems to be corruption.  They said they are working on it. 

In the meantime, I downloaded a portable imap client and it was able to load all the message headers (took it almost an hour to download them all), but again had an error message if an individual message was opened.  Definitely sounds like an imap issue versus a roundcube one for sure.

I will update this thread with any new details.

Offline Samir

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2020, 03:43:39 PM »
The problem was resolved. The issue was that the 'The IMAP server was not allocating enough memory'.

Thank you for all the replies!