Author Topic: Roundcubemail reports "Invalid Request. No data was saved"  (Read 5039 times)

Offline DrMartinus

Roundcubemail reports "Invalid Request. No data was saved"
« on: August 10, 2020, 10:49:48 AM »
Hi,

when trying to log in, I get since recently the following message:

Code: [Select]
Invalid Request. No data was saved (I translated this from German, so I am not sure if it's the correct wording)

I wonder if this has to do with PHP being updated to 7.4.9 recently. In the wake of this, I would like to update roundcubemail, as I noticed that the server is running an older version (1.3.7). Maybe that will solve the problem already. But I am not sure how to do this on a remote server.

Here are entries from the errors log:
Code: [Select]
[10-Aug-2020 13:35:55 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  session_start(): Failed to read session data: user (path: /path/to/php/session) in /path/to/Roundcube/rcube_session.php on line 117
[10-Aug-2020 13:35:55 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /path/to/Roundcube/rcube_plugin_api.php on line 406
[10-Aug-2020 13:35:55 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /path/to/Roundcube/rcube_plugin_api.php on line 406
the above error appears many times...
[10-Aug-2020 13:35:55 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Creating default object from empty value in /path/to/Roundcube/html.php on line 715
again the above error appears many times
[10-Aug-2020 13:35:55 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant E2 - assumed 'E2' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /path/to/Roundcube/rcube_utils.php on $
[10-Aug-2020 13:35:55 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant A8 - assumed 'A8' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /path/to/Roundcube/rcube_utils.php on $
[10-Aug-2020 13:35:55 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant E2 - assumed 'E2' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /path/to/Roundcube/rcube_utils.php on $
[10-Aug-2020 13:35:55 Europe/Berlin] PHP Warning:  Use of undefined constant A9 - assumed 'A9' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /path/to/Roundcube/rcube_utils.php on $

Any help or suggestions where to look would be appreciated.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: Roundcubemail reports "Invalid Request. No data was saved"
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 11:49:04 AM »
PHP Warning:  session_start(): Failed to read session data: user (path: /path/to/php/session) in /path/to/Roundcube/rcube_session.php on line 117
suggests an error in your php config to me but you should probably upgrade roundcube as well as there are some php7.4 compatibility fixes in 1.4.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline DrMartinus

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2020, 04:31:52 PM »
suggests an error in your php config to me but you should probably upgrade roundcube as well as there are some php7.4 compatibility fixes in 1.4.
Could you be a bit more specific about the php config error?
I'll go for the update, but I need to make sure roundcube works with ISPConfig which is the manager for websites and email accounts. I guess I need to wait for info from the ISPConfig side in order to go ahead with the update. And maybe the config error may also be something I need to take care of in order to make it work again. Hence it would be nice to know more about possible mistakes in the config.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2020, 03:03:49 AM »
you have the full error message from php what more info do you need?
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…