Author Topic: How to display email attachment size?  (Read 4980 times)

Offline GlenRoss

How to display email attachment size?
« on: August 19, 2020, 11:37:09 AM »
Hello,

First post here (please be gentle with me).

Not sure this is the correct forum section and hopefully someone will advise me, if not. If it is, hopefully someone can help solve my issue.

I am using what I believe is the latest version of RoundCube and wish to delete some large attachments from emails I have received (having downloaded and saved the attachments to my hard drive), whilst retaining the email, itself.

What, if anything, can I do to display the size of email attachments, please?

I have tried to find an answer through the [Search] facility in RoundCube, without success.

Many thanks and kind regards.

Glen  :)

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: How to display email attachment size?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 11:08:19 AM »
What, if anything, can I do to display the size of email attachments, please?
Where are you hoping to display it?

The attachment size is displayed next to the attachment name when you view the message.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline GlenRoss

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2020, 07:43:04 AM »
Thank you for responding.

I think my question was a little clunky in that what I would like to do is see am Email Size column and list my emails by size.

I would then like to be able to download attachments to my hard drive and delete the attachments, whilst retaining the email, so as to conserve email server space.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2020, 08:04:39 AM »
In Elastic you cannot change the column but you can still sort by size from the Options menu at the top of the message list.

If you switch to the Larry or Classic skins and then to the List or Desktop layouts then you can select the columns you want to see.

IIRC Roundcube does not have an option delete attachments, I do not know if there is an exisitng plugin which adds this behaviour.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…