Author Topic: Loose composition when temporarily returning to main box listing  (Read 1524 times)

Offline Sky Aisling

Loose composition when temporarily returning to main box listing
« on: September 14, 2020, 01:46:46 PM »
Hello, I am new to posting to this forum.  My apologies if this question has been asked and answered previously.
My operating system is Puppy-Linux dpup stretch 7.50 and Puppy-Linux Bionic Beaver upupbb.
Roundcube webmail provided by Gandi.net.

The issue concerns composition of new email.

I compose an email but on occasion I need to refer back to the main mail window to find a piece of information to insert into my composition.
When I attempt to go back to the main listing from the composition frame, RoundCube tells me that I will loose the composed email.
Indeed, that is what happens.  This causes me to re-write the email all over again.

How to correct this situation so that I do not loose my composition when I need to return temporarily to the main box?

Thank you for your timely reply.

Sky Aisling

Offline Sky Aisling

Re: Loose composition when temporarily returning to main box listing
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2020, 12:11:52 PM »
Hello, Is anybody out there?
Sky

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2020, 12:36:37 PM »
you could compose your message and view your inbox in different windows/tabs - Roundcube has a option for "compose in new window" or you can right click (or middle click sometimes) to open links in new tabs. Or you can save your draft before going back to your inbox and then when you are ready to resume editing go to your drafts folder and open it from there. by default Roundcube auto saves your drafts every 5 minutes, this period can be changed in your settings.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline Sky Aisling

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 01:51:25 PM »
Thank you, JohnDoh
Currently I save the unfinished composition to a scratch pad app then when I am done collecting from the inbox data I need I recopy and paste into the composition box again.  Too many steps, IMO.
However, thank you for responding with your suggestion of using the 'draft' option.
I am now using 'save as draft' option which is a bit less cumbersome.
Sky
« Last Edit: September 17, 2020, 02:21:31 PM by Sky Aisling »