Author Topic: Can't save HTML signature  (Read 2525 times)

Offline sipecom

Can't save HTML signature
« on: September 18, 2020, 05:24:32 AM »
Hey guys!

So I wanted to change my HTML signature which is basically a <table> containing some plain text and some small images. Setting it up last year wasn't any problem, but now when I want to change it (or create/save almost ANY kind of HTML signature) it can't be saved and I get the following page instead:

I tried and tested what might cause the problems. Unfortunately, i could not find any pattern. Just one image works, so does just plain text. Adding another image breaks the whole thing, so does adding any styling to the text or combining text/image. But then again, at some point I managed to save a table with a little text and a small image. But after that, ANY change to the signature - adding/removing a single letter, add styling to text, even changing only the "use as default" setting and not touching the actual signature at all - caused the error again. So I had to discard my suspicion that the problems occur the more sophisticated the code gets. It seems random...

I'm running on Roundcube Webmail 1.4.7

Any ideas?

Simon

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: Can't save HTML signature
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2020, 12:35:04 PM »
Looks like the request is being blocked, are you running any request filtering in your webserver? have you checked the webserver logs for more info?
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline sipecom

Re: Can't save HTML signature
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2020, 05:47:58 PM »
Thanks for your reply!
All I can say is that this is the Error I get when I hit save: 403 - POST / HTTP/1.0

At this point it sounds like I need to get in touch with my provider, since I am not running Roundcube by myself.
Hence, I have no clue if I even have access to the required information...  :D
I'll get in touch with them and see if they can help.
I'm going to post the solution here, if they can solve it (and let me know how).

Unless of course someone find these information useful enough...  ???