Author Topic: one roundcube installation two servers  (Read 3440 times)

Offline inomi

one roundcube installation two servers
« on: November 18, 2020, 04:11:14 AM »
I have roundube installed on one server that supports 2 servers. I put in the configuration file config ['default_host'] = 'ssl: //mail.'.'%s';

which causes the host mail to be set after @. Everything works fine, but it seems to me that my solution is not entirely secure because people from other servers will be able to log in and use my e-mail. Of course, I can set each person to choose a given server, but I would like it to work automatically.

Offline inomi

Re: one roundcube installation two servers
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2020, 07:35:18 AM »
I change file index.php and now working and i can login accounts with two server but i don't know this solution is security?

$auth = $RCMAIL->plugins->exec_hook('authenticate', array(
            'host'  => $RCMAIL->autoselect_host(),
         'host2'  => $RCMAIL->autoselect_host(),
            'user'  => trim(rcube_utils::get_input_value('_user', rcube_utils::INPUT_POST)),
            'pass'  => rcube_utils::get_input_value('_pass', rcube_utils::INPUT_POST, true, $pass_charset),
            'valid' => $request_valid,
            'cookiecheck' => true,
    ));

$auth['host'] = 'ssl://mail.name.com';
   $auth['host2'] = 'ssl://mail.name2.com';
    // Login
    if ($auth['valid'] && !$auth['abort']
        && $RCMAIL->login($auth['user'], $auth['pass'], $auth['host'], $auth['cookiecheck']) || $RCMAIL->login($auth['user'], $auth['pass'], $auth['host2'], $auth['cookiecheck'])
    )

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: one roundcube installation two servers
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2020, 01:36:01 PM »
Modifying index.php is not ideal as it will not survive updates. As you have shown you can already do what you want with a plugin attached to the 'authenticate' hook but have you looked at the 'login_username_filter' config option? That might be a simpler way do it.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦