Author Topic: Plugins: Are some plugings meanwhile integrated in RC by default?  (Read 2041 times)

Offline roundcubetestit

Plugins: Are some plugings meanwhile integrated in RC by default?
« on: September 29, 2020, 08:41:37 AM »
Hi,

after having looked at the plugin list I wonder if it is possible that some plugins meanwhile have been integrated in the lastest RC versions by default, for example: filesystem_attachments?

I ask because obviously one can attach files in RC without any further plugin like filesystem_attachments.

Thanks and kind regards
roundcubetestit

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: Plugins: Are some plugings meanwhile integrated in RC by default?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 01:47:17 PM »
'filesystem_attachments' and 'database_attachments' are "core plugins" one of them is always enabled if you have not specified one in your config file then 'filesystem_attachments' is used.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline roundcubetestit

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 03:32:57 PM »
Thanks!

But I wonder how I can find out which plugins meanwhile are core-plugins and which ones still have to be downloaded separately for the latest RC version?

Thanks in advance
roundcubetestit

Offline alec

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 05:43:17 AM »
For example here's the list for git-master https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/tree/master/plugins. And you can always download a release package and check what's in plugins directory.

Offline roundcubetestit

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2020, 11:48:05 AM »
Hello,

but obviously the plugins in the plugin directory of a release package are not automatically CORE plugins!

For example you will find database_attachments and filesystem_attachments in the current plugin directory of RC release 1.4.8 but obviously it is a part of the CORE meanwhile and hence does not have to be activated in the List of active plugins:

Code: [Select]
$config['plugins'] = array(
Or am I wrong?

Thanks and regards
roundcubetestit

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2020, 12:15:34 PM »
Roundcube is released with a set of default plugins, these are all maintained by the Roundcube devs. The sysadmin can choose what, if any, of these plugins they'd like to enable by adding them to the 'plugins' array in their config file.

There are 2 plugins 'filesystem_attachments' and 'jqueryui', which are required for Roundcube to function correctly, these plugins will always be enabled whether or not you add them to the config array.

Third party plugins for Roundcube can be found here https://plugins.roundcube.net and can be installed via Composer.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline roundcubetestit

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2020, 03:51:43 AM »
Thanks for the clarification!

Kind regards
roundcubetestit