Author Topic: alternative to vacation-sieve plugin  (Read 3676 times)

Offline sw2090

alternative to vacation-sieve plugin
« on: October 06, 2020, 05:16:27 AM »
Hiho,

at the moment we use the vacation-sieve plugin for out of office notices because of the comfortable userfriendly frontend. You find it in the settings menue in roundcube and you can configure start and end of the vacation and don't need to care about disabling or removing the vacation in time.

This works pretty fine so far but it has one caveat: vacation-sieve creates its own filter set and since roundcube only allows one active filter set at one time this always deactivates all other filters. Additionally when the vacation ends the filter set is not automatically deactivated and the other re-activated.

It is pretty annoying when you hava a load of sorting rules for mails and they are out of effect while you are on vacation leaving you with a load of unsorted mai when you come back.
Because of this I am looking for an alternative to vacation-sieve (or an improved version) that does have the same comfort in frontend but doess not deactivate my filters.
I saw that vacation-sieve has 29 forks on github but I cannot see why.

Does anyone know anyone?

Offline sw2090

Re: alternative to vacation-sieve plugin
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 04:45:44 AM »
the vacation filters of the manage_sieve plugin do exactly what I need. So this is solved.
JohnDoh in general Discussion forum gave me the tip.