Author Topic: New emails showing as having been read  (Read 2284 times)

Offline j-dub

New emails showing as having been read
« on: October 07, 2020, 12:58:12 PM »
After switching to a new server/host for my business' website, and setting up the email on my iPhone, a strange bug has started happening.  About half of my new emails automatically show as having been read. Some do, some don't, and I cannot figure out why.  I have to manually click the 'star' to show them as not read.  I spent an hour on the phone with Apple looking at my phone mail settings and shared the screen for him to look at my Roundcube settings, for what it was worth since he wasn't terribly familiar with it, but he was at a loss.

My notifications are off on my phone so it's not that they're being "read" on the phone.  In the Roundcube settings I have tried "Never", "Immediately" and "After 5 seconds"  for the "Mark messages as read" just in case that might do something, but it didn't.

I get quite a bit of email for my business and having to comb through them and mark individually is a time consuming nuisance.  Any suggestions?

My email comes through my company website.  I'm using Roundcube Webmail 1.4.6.  KnownHost is my server/hosting company for my website.  Not sure what, if any, other information would be useful or necessary to share.

Thank you in advance!

j

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: New emails showing as having been read
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 03:25:55 AM »
Roundcube is a web based email client. It is not an email service. Please contact your email provider for support.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline j-dub

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2020, 11:25:52 AM »
Thank you for your reply.  Forgive me for my ignorance but I don't really understand.  My email come from my website with Roundcube as one of the webmail options (along with Horde and Squirrelmail).  My email addresses are info@"mycompany.com" and "myname"@"my company.com".  The site is a WordPress site.  So, would my host company, KnownHost, be my email provider?  I don't use gmail, or hotmail, or anything like that.

I've used Roundcube for years.  I just switched servers from HostGator to KnownHost.

Again, I am sorry for being dense, I just don't know who to contact.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2020, 11:59:19 AM »
Yes from your description I'd say KnownHost are your email provider.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline j-dub

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2020, 02:20:03 PM »
Thank you!  I'll reach out to them.  I appreciate your help.

Cheers!