Author Topic: 'remove from server' option ignored  (Read 1705 times)

Offline Bewildered

'remove from server' option ignored
« on: October 17, 2020, 10:55:58 AM »
I'm brand new to RoundCube, so please be gentle. :D
  • In looking for a solution for a client, I setup Synology Mail Server and Mail Client on client's Synology NAS.
  • The Synology Mail Client includes RoundCube v1.3.8.
  • To test, I setup RoundCube to point to my Gmail account.
  • The option to remove mail from the server was NEVER enabled.
  • Most of my e-mail has been removed from my Gmail account and transferred to the RoundCube client on the client's NAS.
If I did something wrong, I'd like to understand what. Instead, I believe there must be a bug in that version of RoundCube such that although I NEVER set the client to remove messages from the server, they were indeed removed.
  • If there's a way to update the RoundCube client within the Synology NAS environment I'd appreciate the assistance.
  • If anyone has helpful thoughts about moving my mail off the client's NAS and back into my GMail account, I'd appreciate that as well. (By the way, there is no 'export' button within the client.)

TIA!

Offline Bewildered

Re: 'remove from server' option ignored
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2020, 11:46:15 AM »
Well I've answered my own question. It's not a bug, as after digging deeper I realized the messages were merely marked as read and archived.

The issue for me is that is not what I wanted to happen. Regardless, I'm happy to say me e-mail is still in my Gmail account.