Author Topic: correct and working database migration from version 1.1.3 to version 1.4.9  (Read 3116 times)

Offline graceastrid

what I have:
- Centos 7.8
- PostgreSQL 10
- php73
- nginx (reverse proxy)
- apache2.4 (+ httpd-mpm)
- RC 1.1.3 & 1.4.9
____

have a nice day!

I have an old version of the cube 1.1.3 and
she is currently in production. I cannot update this version for administrative reasons.
I deployed the new version 1.4.9 on another server and configured it.

now i have a problem: how do i migrate a database from old version 1.1.3 to newer version 1.4.9?

I'm interested in the migration of custom settings and signatures that users use when sending letters.
signatures are stored in the identities table. so, where the settings are stored, I cannot understand.

there are hundreds of users with unique user_id in the old version - how can I correctly transfer all this to the new version of the database and the cube without breaking the connection, so that when the user logs in, his settings and signatures are in place?

in https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/issues/7719#issuecomment-724528559 advice "Copy the database from the 1.1.3 instance and then run the update script"

i did it. I copied the old database to the new version of the cube.
used roundcube.domain.ru/installer to update the copied database. schemas were updated. but after that, the signatures of users still did not pull up (

thank you for help

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: correct and working database migration from version 1.1.3 to version 1.4.9
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2020, 08:31:31 AM »
did you change your `default_host` config? check the users table in your database and see if there are 2 entries for the same user with different values in the mail_host column. If so then you need to update the mail_host value if your existing users to prevent new ones being created.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline graceastrid

Re: correct and working database migration from version 1.1.3 to version 1.4.9
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2020, 10:36:55 AM »
did you change your `default_host` config? check the users table in your database and see if there are 2 entries for the same user with different values in the mail_host column. If so then you need to update the mail_host value if your existing users to prevent new ones being created.

you are right, mail_host is different. Thank you for your help!