Author Topic: Cannot send email...  (Read 3140 times)

Offline yoi55

Cannot send email...
« on: April 20, 2008, 07:50:35 PM »
I am unable to send emails from within RoundCube. I can get to the compose email screen and compose the email, but when I click on Send it sits for a while and then says that it failed to send the email. This happens for both internal and external emails. I tried the suggestions on the following topic:
http://roundcubeforum.net/forum/index.php?topic=1815.0

Nothing worked for me. I am at the latest version (0.1.1), but the problem started happening with version 0.1. Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Offline renbian

Re: Cannot send email...
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 10:57:05 AM »
occorre correggere il campo email ( viene registrato con il nome del server) nella tabella identities

saluti
Renato

you must change the content of field email in the table identities.
the string registered in the field contents incorrectly also the name of the server

Utente       pippo
Password     *****
Server       172.11.100.122

the field is so registered "pippo@172.11.100.122" -
you must change or "pippo@domain"  or "pippo"

Offline yoi55

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 02:14:57 PM »
I was poking around some more and noticed that the SMTP port for my host is set to 26, not the normal 25. I changed the config file to use port 26 and it works great now.
8)

Offline Tonyrc

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 08:47:32 AM »
Create & Send new message: Same but different.
I get "An error occured while saving", the message remains on screen and is NOT moved to the sent folder.
But the message is sent anyway, which can be confirmed by logging into the recipient address.
The sending userid just gets the above message message at the top of the screen and when you exit the message that remains on screen a window pops up saying "message has not been sent, do you want to discard your message"

This problem is, in my case, with all the email userid's that existed before Roundcube was installed. The one userid setup AFTER the Roundcube install works OK and gets a confirmation message at the top and the message is moved to the sent folder.