Author Topic: Error 1f4)  (Read 12704 times)

Offline naina

Error 1f4)
« on: August 07, 2006, 09:44:25 AM »
The log reads :
[07-Aug-2006 06:19:26 -0700] DB Error: DB Error: connect failed in /home/.feedback/naina/aside.in/roundcube/program/include/rcube_db.inc on line 105

The error I get on http://www.aside.in/roundcube/ page is :

SERVICE CURRENTLY NOT AVAILABLE!

Error No. 1f4)

Mail, without roundCube is accessible on http://webmail.aside.in There is no iMap - should that be a problem?
I am on Dreamhost and they have mySQL - and I am not a tech person at all. Any clues on what's going on? Please help! I've read the couple of other entries talking about Error 1f4) but nothing works.

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
Re: Error 1f4)
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 10:49:36 AM »
Error 1f4) is basically meaning that the system is unavailable. Mainly because of the database being connected to wrong. Double-check your database settings. Also make sure that you have edited and saved db.inc.php and main.inc.php in the "config/" folder. Without those files, you get this error.

Offline naina

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 02:03:22 PM »
I checked out the DreamHost wiki page as well [ the one that talks about RoundCube - wiki.dreamhost.com - but it still did not solve my problem because that information seems outdated ]. I've executed the SQL, but I still get the same error - See this is what I have done:

1. Created a folder called roundcubemail under my domain aside.in - the path would be aside.in/roundcubemail
2. Uploaded the whole folder [ index.php, config, logs etc. inside the roundcubemail folder - is that how it's supposed to be done or am I supposed to upload to the aside.in folder?
3. Then I created a database roundcubemail.aside.in in my DreamHost space - and then I executed the SQL and even inserted a user from within the PHPMyAdmin interface.

I am still getting the same error - DB Error: DB Error: connect failed in /home/.feedback/naina/aside.in/roundcubemail/program/include/rcube_db.inc on line 105

PLEASE >:( I'm quite frustrated - I really want to try out RoundCube!

Offline tommywds

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 04:37:27 PM »
Can you copy and paste your database config file....

Remember to change your password to something else... Like lets say password :)

Offline KeblerelfKC

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 05:56:16 PM »
Naina...I'm on Dreamhost as well and using RoundCube. It worked great until Thursday last week when I started getting the same error and I didn't personally change the DB or any of the files. Kind of interesting to know I'm not the only one on Dreamhost that is having this issue. They are looking into it so if I hear something back I'll let you know what they say.

As for your questions, the files should go in the roundcubemail folder you created so it sounds like you put them in the right place.

Also, did you follow all the steps relating to modifying the config files and such that are in the wiki? If I remember correctly all of that was still relevant to the current version of RoundCube. The only part I had an issue with was when I tried running the SQL file. I was using the MySQL GUI instead of PHPMyAdmin (not sure if that makes any difference) and for some reason it kept choking on the entire thing. So I ran each table create section separately and everything worked like a champ after that.

Offline KeblerelfKC

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 11:43:54 PM »
Now that I'm home I can look at my db.inc.php file. Below is a copy and paste of it. The date the file was last modified was a few days prior to the problem occurring so at least in my case I don't think this file is the issue. I've also double checked the MySQL database to verify that the tables, user, etc are all still there and setup correctly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

> more db.inc.php

/*
 +-----------------------------------------------------------------------+
 | Configuration file for database access                |
 |                                    |
 | This file is part of the RoundCube Webmail client           |
 | Copyright (C) 2005, RoundCube Dev. - Switzerland           |
 | Licensed under the GNU GPL                      |

*/

$rcmail_config = array();

// PEAR database DSN for read/write operations
// format is db_provider://user:password@host/databse
// currentyl suported db_providers: mysql, sqlite

$rcmail_config['db_dsnw'] = 'mysql://user:password@mysql.delveintolunacy.com/roundcube';
// postgres example: 'pgsql://roundcube:pass@localhost/roundcubemail';
// sqlite example: 'sqlite://./sqlite.db?mode=0646';

// PEAR database DSN for read only operations (if empty write database will be used)
// useful for database replication
$rcmail_config['db_dsnr'] = '';

// database backend to use (only db or mdb2 are supported)
$rcmail_config['db_backend'] = 'db';

// maximum length of a query in bytes
$rcmail_config['db_max_length'] = 512000; // 500K

// you can define specific table names used to store webmail data
$rcmail_config['db_table_users'] = 'users';

$rcmail_config['db_table_identities'] = 'identities';

$rcmail_config['db_table_contacts'] = 'contacts';

$rcmail_config['db_table_session'] = 'session';

$rcmail_config['db_table_cache'] = 'cache';

$rcmail_config['db_table_messages'] = 'messages';

// you can define specific sequence names used in PostgreSQL
$rcmail_config['db_sequence_users'] = 'user_ids';

$rcmail_config['db_sequence_identities'] = 'identity_ids';

$rcmail_config['db_sequence_contacts'] = 'contact_ids';

$rcmail_config['db_sequence_cache'] = 'cache_ids';

$rcmail_config['db_sequence_messages'] = 'message_ids';

// end db config file
?>

Offline KeblerelfKC

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 11:57:51 PM »
I just realized I hadn't even looked at the logs on mine and from looking at them now it appears mine was bombing at a different point than Naina's. Below is the error I was receiving:

[03-Aug-2006 18:33:42 -0700] PHP Error: Error loading template for 'login' in /home/.griffin/user removed/webmail.delveintolunacy.com/program/include/main.inc on line 944

Looking at the code that's at a point where it's trying to load a template file. I noticed the "$skin_path" in one of the variables and decided to try switching RC back to using the default skin and what do you know...now it works.

The skin I had on there worked previously with no problem so I'm not sure why it suddenly began failing. I'll have to look through it's files and see if I can figure out what the difference is on the login template compared to the default skin.

Offline naina

Re: Error 1f4) [ config DB file ]
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2006, 12:16:55 AM »
Keblerel, I did not quite follow all the steps in the wiki because I was not able to find the relevant code lines - they say line 47 and 60 but in the file the lines there are different from the ones supposed to be replaced, so i did not touch them.

Ok Tommy, this is my DB config file [ password changed ;D ].

/*
 | Configuration file for database access                |
 | This file is part of the RoundCube Webmail client           |
 | Copyright (C) 2005, RoundCube Dev. - Switzerland           |
 | Licensed under the GNU GPL                      |

*/

$rcmail_config = array();

// PEAR database DSN for read/write operations
// format is db_provider://user:password@host/databse
// currentyl suported db_providers: mysql, sqlite

$rcmail_config['db_dsnw'] = 'mysql://naina:password@aside.in/roundcubemail';
// postgres example: 'pgsql://roundcube:pass@localhost/roundcubemail';
// sqlite example: 'sqlite://./sqlite.db?mode=0646';

// PEAR database DSN for read only operations (if empty write database will be used)
// useful for database replication
$rcmail_config['db_dsnr'] = '';

// database backend to use (only db or mdb2 are supported)
$rcmail_config['db_backend'] = 'db';

// maximum length of a query in bytes
$rcmail_config['db_max_length'] = 512000; // 500K

// use persistent db-connections
$rcmail_config['db_persistent'] = TRUE;

// you can define specific table names used to store webmail data
$rcmail_config['db_table_users'] = 'users';

$rcmail_config['db_table_identities'] = 'identities';

$rcmail_config['db_table_contacts'] = 'contacts';

$rcmail_config['db_table_session'] = 'session';

$rcmail_config['db_table_cache'] = 'cache';

$rcmail_config['db_table_messages'] = 'messages';

// you can define specific sequence names used in PostgreSQL
$rcmail_config['db_sequence_users'] = 'user_ids';

$rcmail_config['db_sequence_identities'] = 'identity_ids';

$rcmail_config['db_sequence_contacts'] = 'contact_ids';

$rcmail_config['db_sequence_cache'] = 'cache_ids';

$rcmail_config['db_sequence_messages'] = 'message_ids';

// end db config file
?>

I must remind you that I am not a tech person at all - I did not even know how I was supposed to execute the SQL file till I read the DreamHost wiki :)

So the database is in place, and I've tried pretty much all I could find on the web - I have no clue what I should be looking for so have no clue what the solution will be either!

Thank you for all this help - hopefully we should be able to sort this out soon.

Offline KeblerelfKC

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2006, 12:34:16 AM »
As far as your db.inc.php file everything looks okay to me.

Regarding the part about lines 47 and 60 are you sure you're editing the correct file (index.php)? I looked in mine and those line numbers are correct. In the wiki they don't really do a good job at that point of saying that you need to save & close the main.inc.php file and switch to a different file for the next two lines so it's easy to miss. The file you'll need to modify there is called index.php and is located in the root directory of where you have RoundCube installed. You'll definitely need these changes so that might be all you have left that needs modifying.

Offline naina

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2006, 01:14:18 AM »
Ah! Got it!
Instead of
$rcmail_config['db_dsnw'] = 'mysql://naina:password@roundcubemail.aside.in/roundcubemail';
I was writing
$rcmail_config['db_dsnw'] = 'mysql://naina:password@aside.in/roundcubemail';

It works now! [ This was given on the DreamHost wiki and I missed it yesterday ].
Thanks a ton Keblerel!

Offline KeblerelfKC

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2006, 01:16:05 AM »
Sweet. Glad you got it working. :)

Also, you were correct about the line numbers if using beta 2. I still had version 0.1-20060220 installed at the time when I checked my files earlier tonight but I've since upgraded. I've gone ahead and updated the Dreamhost wiki so it has a note by that step saying it's only necessary in versions prior to 0.1 beta 2.