Author Topic: shared folder problems after upgrade to v1.4.11  (Read 2111 times)

Offline soprano

shared folder problems after upgrade to v1.4.11
« on: March 04, 2021, 09:36:19 AM »
Hi all,

i switched from v1.0.12 to 1.4.11 some monthes ago and all seems working right, but ACL with shared folders.

Nothing has changed on the dovecot server, while roundcube has moved from 1.0.12 to 1.4.11.

If i go in Settings / Folders then select a shared folder (where i'm admin) i can see the name, the root folder, but i can't add sharing details, while before it was possible.

this is my config for plugins in config.inc.php
$config['plugins'] = array('archive', 'zipdownload', 'acl', 'managesieve', 'new_user_identity', 'rcguard');

rcguard that is the last in the list works, like also zipdownload.

Now my questions:

1) how i can check a plugin is really enabled and running ?
2) in the acl plugin dir, there is a config.inc.php.dist ma no a config.inc.php, is this right ? anyway i copied the config.inc.php.dist in config.inc.php ma nothing is changed (i need to logout and login again to reload the plugin ?)
3) what else can i look to be sure all is configured right ? Maybe i forget some settings or other in the upgrade process ?

Last info we use imapproxy on 127.0.0.1 on our webmail severs

thanks in advance for the help
Claudio

Offline soprano

Re: shared folder problems after upgrade to v1.4.11
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2021, 07:47:39 AM »
No one has some hints or can tell me how to verify if ACL plugins is working right ?

thanks in advance
Claudio

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2021, 02:32:28 PM »
I think how namespaces are configured have changed since version 1.0. when you did the upgrade did you make sure you updated your config file correctly?

look at the about screen and see if its listed

2) in the acl plugin dir, there is a config.inc.php.dist ma no a config.inc.php, is this right ? anyway i copied the config.inc.php.dist in config.inc.php ma nothing is changed (i need to logout and login again to reload the plugin ?)

yes the acl plugin has a config file, no you do not need to logout.

3) what else can i look to be sure all is configured right ? Maybe i forget some settings or other in the upgrade process ?

is there anything in the roundcube error log? what about if you turn on imap_debug does that log show anything incorrect?
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline soprano

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2021, 08:50:52 AM »
I think how namespaces are configured have changed since version 1.0. when you did the upgrade did you make sure you updated your config file correctly?

What i could check to verify if i updated it correctly ?

look at the about screen and see if its listed

It is enabled looking at the about screen, i attached the image

yes the acl plugin has a config file, no you do not need to logout.
[/quote]

Ok thanks

is there anything in the roundcube error log? what about if you turn on imap_debug does that log show anything incorrect?
[/quote]

in the logs directory no files are present

Thanks for your help
Claudio

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2021, 02:18:21 AM »
I guess check you have the namespace options correct in your config https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/blob/release-1.4/config/defaults.inc.php#L195 and may be enable imap_debug to check the server response?
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline soprano

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2021, 04:53:23 AM »
Maybe i need to explain our problems,

we can see the shared folders in the subscribed folders, but we don't have the access tab proprierties to change the permissions to that folder.

So i suppose the namespace info are correct.

If i enable imap debug on roundcube, the roundcube hosts, get 100 cpu load, with systemd-journal loads all the cpus and also if i disable imap debug, it never stop getting 100 cpu load, i need to restart it.

I tried to leave one server with only one access, but same thing, i can't debug when cpu is 100 on load.

Another thing we use imapproxy, that never gave us problems, we use dovecot 2.x, the capabilities of dovecot shows imap_acl so i need some other help to investigates.

Is there any file we can check to see how the ACL plugin works, which type of check it does for the shared folders ?

Thanks for now
soprano