Author Topic: Roundcube and rspamd (Ham/SPAM-Management)  (Read 4455 times)

Offline roundcubetestit

Roundcube and rspamd (Ham/SPAM-Management)
« on: April 04, 2021, 05:36:54 AM »
Hello and Happy Easter!

I moved from sendmail+spamassassin+procmail to

postfix-3.5.9,1
roundcube-php74-1.4.11,1
dovecot-2.3.13
dovecot-pigeonhole-0.5.13
rspamd-2.7

Currently I am not clear how to realize an integration of roundcube with rspamd?

There are posts on WWW that claim it is enough to simply move false positives from the junk folder to the inbox in Roundcube and rspamd would learn from that automatically. This is also supposed to work the other way around for spam mails that were not detected by rspamd and end up in the inbox.

I can't imagine that the whole thing as above would work so easily without a configuration tailored to the anti-spam system rspamd uses.

There seems to be a plugin for Roundcube called markasjunk.
Is this still up to date or necessary to integrate Roundcube and rspamd for the above purposes?

Here, for example, there is talk of a markasjunk2 plugin (# markasjunk plugin).
https://doc.dovecot.org/configuration_manual/howto/antispam_with_sieve/

So what is the right plugin?
markasjunk or markasjunk2 or don´t I need any of them?

I have activated the "markasjunk" plugin once test in Roundcube, but then get for example ONLY a "SPAM" button in Roundcube, but no "HAM" button.

What I would also be interested in: Is there a plugin that I can use to blacklist or whitelist the SENDER of an email SO that they are managed directly by Postfix what for example means that mails from a blacklisted sener don't even make it to rspamd?

Thanks in advance and kind regards
roundcubetestit

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: Roundcube and rspamd (Ham/SPAM-Management)
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2021, 06:55:29 AM »
The features of the third-party markasjunk2 plugin where integrated into the official markasjunk plugin distributed with Roundcube since version 1.4.0. Since then the markasjunk2 plugin has not been maintained.

I have activated the "markasjunk" plugin once test in Roundcube, but then get for example ONLY a "SPAM" button in Roundcube, but no "HAM" button.
Check the 'markasjunk_spam_only' config option.

There are posts on WWW that claim it is enough to simply move false positives from the junk folder to the inbox in Roundcube and rspamd would learn from that automatically. This is also supposed to work the other way around for spam mails that were not detected by rspamd and end up in the inbox.
I have not used rspamd but I guess unless you have a service or cron job that is checking those folders for new messages to learn then you would need to use one of the learning drivers provided with markasjunk to trigger the learning process.

What I would also be interested in: Is there a plugin that I can use to blacklist or whitelist the SENDER of an email SO that they are managed directly by Postfix what for example means that mails from a blacklisted sener don't even make it to rspamd?
Thats going to depend on exactly what steps are required to create the lists.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline roundcubetestit

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2021, 10:21:00 AM »
Thanks for the hints!

I have not used rspamd but I guess unless you have a service or cron job that is checking those folders for new messages to learn then you would need to use one of the learning drivers provided with markasjunk to trigger the learning process.

Wouldn't you then need a learning driver specifically for rspamd, which is not currently supplied with the markasjunk-plugin?

Thanks and regards
roundcubetestit

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2021, 01:35:22 PM »
Wouldn't you then need a learning driver specifically for rspamd, which is not currently supplied with the markasjunk-plugin?
Why would it need a specific one? rspamd documentation suggest it has a learning command

Offline roundcubetestit

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2021, 04:28:04 PM »
Why would it need a specific one? rspamd documentation suggest it has a learning command

Yes! And I have assumed so far that the markasjunk-drivers are the link between Roundcube and various antispam systems for allowing roundcube users to mark spam/ham in a convenient way. Isn't that the case?

Thanks and kind regards
roundcubetestit

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2021, 03:47:00 AM »
that is correct