Author Topic: auto leech mail via pop3?  (Read 3919 times)

Offline scape

auto leech mail via pop3?
« on: April 23, 2008, 11:52:15 AM »
i know inbox.com and gmail.com both have account setups to have the server auto leech emails from other email servers; though there is a limit to how many email accounts it will do this for. I need a method for copying emails from multiple email accounts, (25+) to a central server, even if it ends up being under a single email account. can roundcube, or something else, do this?

thanks for any help!
 ???

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
auto leech mail via pop3?
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 11:32:52 PM »
RoundCube can't do this as it's just a webmail interface.  What you're looking for is some software to actually synchronize the mail folders.  You can either search google for how this is done, or you might be able to find a bash script to run every so often (like every few hours or every day) which just connects via a typical IMAP connection and grabs the info and puts it on your server.

The only other option as to how gMail and other services do this is to log in to the other email accounts at the same time you log in to your main account.  Then the messages are read directly from the other IMAP accounts and displayed inline with the rest.  So it may not be that they're actually moving files or messages around, but more like they're just aggregating everything for you.

Offline zabouth

getmail
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2008, 09:35:03 AM »
If you have access to your server getmail and procmail can do this job very well
I use getmail to get the mail form pop3 accounts (with a cronjob running ever 10 min) then procmail to backup and sort mail form diffrent accounts into diffent mail imap folders.

Just google getmail and procmail you will find all the info you need

Here is my getmail config file to give you a quick exmaple.

[retriever]
type = SimplePOP3SSLRetriever
server = pop.*******.com
username = ****@****.****
password = **************

[destination]
type = MDA_external
path = /usr/bin/procmail
arguments = ("-f", "%(sender)")

[options]
verbose = 2
message_log = ~/.getmail/mail.log