Author Topic: unable to get installation going for 1.4  (Read 1648 times)

Offline searpea

unable to get installation going for 1.4
« on: May 24, 2021, 11:30:11 AM »
using Centos8. going to https://emai.lat.com/roundcube/installer/ is fine, it brings up the checking. but when i click on the 'Next' button , ugh -
I get a messy page that says configuration needs to be migrated, which probably isn't true as it is not a clean page. The top of the page has :

| +-------------------------------------------------------------------------+ */ ini_set('display_errors', 1); define('INSTALL_PATH', realpath(__DIR__ . '/../').'/'); require INSTALL_PATH . 'program/include/iniset.php'; if (function_exists('session_start')) session_start(); $RCI = rcmail_install::get_instance(); $RCI->load_config(); if (isset($_GET['_getconfig'])) { $filename = 'config.inc.php'; if (!empty($_SESSION['config']) && $_GET['_getconfig'] == 2) { $path = sys_get_temp_dir() . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . $filename; @unlink($path); file_put_contents($path, $_SESSION['config']); exit; } else if (!empty($_SESSION['config'])) { header('Content-type: text/plain'); header('Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="'.$filename.'"'); echo $_SESSION['config']; exit; } else { header('HTTP/1.0 404 Not found'); die("The requested configuration was not found. Please run the installer from the beginning."); } } if ($RCI->configured && ($RCI->getprop('enable_installer') || $_SESSION['allowinstaller']) && !empty($_GET['_mergeconfig'])) { $filename = 'config.inc.php'; header('Content-type: text/plain'); header('Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="'.$filename.'"'); $RCI->merge_config(); echo $RCI->create_config(); exit; } // go to 'check env' step if we have a local configuration if ($RCI->configured && empty($_REQUEST['_step'])) { header("Location: ./?_step=1"); exit; } ?>

So what is (not) going on?

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: unable to get installation going for 1.4
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2021, 11:55:12 AM »
It looks like PHP isn't rendering the page. Make sure your web server is setup to work with PHP.

Offline searpea

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2021, 03:02:01 PM »
If php wasn't setup for the web server, how would the index.php in the installer folder run to begin with? and that page looks fine.

Offline searpea

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2021, 04:02:51 PM »
I think i found the problem. I did the installation from a tar.gz and I don't think it properly worked out. There was no config.inc.php file , just the config.inc.php.sample file.
I'm going to look for an RPM for roundcube.

Offline searpea

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2021, 07:16:14 PM »
Wow, I just don't recall setting up roundcube was so difficult back when CentOS5 was new. Finally got it running, had to do the renaming of the config file again and also did a download and install of https://rpms.remirepo.net/enterprise/remi-release-8.rpm first.

After configuration I ran into access errors, which turned out to be related to php-fpm. changing /etc/php-fpm.d/www.conf  line of security.limit_extensions to include .html solved that. Then dovecot got into the fun , have users with a UID less than the dovecot allowed lowest UID number.

but i think things are working now.