Author Topic: Can I create a subfolder to Inbox ?  (Read 1648 times)

Offline etippelt

Can I create a subfolder to Inbox ?
« on: June 23, 2021, 02:41:13 PM »
Roundcube 1.4.11 provided by my website host. Run it on my phone via browser to check and manage my emails.
Am trying to find a way to download the Sent messages folder to my main Outlook program on my desktop machine, alongside my Inbox. Outlook clears my Inbox on the mail service run by my website host, but the Sent messages folder is just growing slowly and using up my host's mail allowance.
I thought the simplest solution was to create a subfolder under the Inbox folder and just move all Sent messages to it, so the whole content could be downloaded in one go. However, Roundcube allows subfolders under every other folder EXCEPT Inbox, so that method is a no-go.
Not found any other way of downloading the Sent message folder to my Outlook client, so would be overjoyed if anyone has a solution to this.
Thanks for reading
EdT

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: Can I create a subfolder to Inbox ?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2021, 03:50:52 AM »
Roundcube is an IMAP client just like Outlook except Roundcube is web based any restrictions on the folders you can or cannot create will be coming from the server not from Roundcube.

It sounds like may be you are connecting to your email via POP3 in Outlook through rather than IMAP and that would by why you can only get the inbox.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline etippelt

Re: Can I create a subfolder to Inbox ?
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2021, 11:18:57 AM »
Thanks JonDoh,
This is the first time anything has been mentioned about using IMAP instead of POP3. That seems to have done the trick. Now I have to figure out how to change outlook from POP3 to IMAP without creating another data file.
Appreciate the help!
Cheers
Ed