Author Topic: Filters and managesieve plugin  (Read 4143 times)

Offline pcgalicia

Filters and managesieve plugin
« on: August 07, 2021, 12:00:33 PM »
Hi everybody,

this is my first topic, so excuse me in advance in case I do something wrong.
I am using roundcube as webmail client, in a cpanel based php server. I have downloaded and installed roundcube and everything looks fine. I was trying to add filtering feature, and after some investigations, I saw that in the plugins folder there is the managesieve plugin wich should provide this functionality.
However, it does not work, because aparently, it needs to connect to a sieve server, and there I am lost.
Sieve is a service that I cannot tell if is available in my server, and apparently it depends on the mail server type, and I do not know its type either. So my question here is, what is the standard procedure to install this plugin in a cpanel (not owned, is a shared hosting) php hosting? Or maybe, is there any other plugin/way of adding filtering rules functionality to the roundcube cliente?

Thanks in advance.

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Filters and managesieve plugin
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2021, 11:36:19 PM »
Sieve isn't support on standard CPanel installs so the plugin will not work in your case. I'm not aware of any filtering plugin that interacts with the CPanel API so you will most likely have to setup your filtering CPanel outside of Roundcube.