Author Topic: Birthday Mails  (Read 3455 times)

Offline H3R0M0

Birthday Mails
« on: September 24, 2021, 12:22:54 PM »
Hey guys,
the adressbook of roundcube has a standard field called "Birthdate". It seems to be used for nothing. Woudnt it be a nice thing, to notify the user, if its birthday of anyone in his adressbook? If this feature would be implemented, there should be a way in the settings to turn it on and off. Maybe a simple mail could be sent to the mail-box-owning user.

Another idea according to birthdays is, that the mailer sends automated birthday wishes to the person whoms birthday it is via mail, if the feature is turned on in the settings. The birthday-wish-mail can be defined in a custom html-field in the settings (like the mail signature).

Hope to hear back from you. I´d love if you implement the feature. Other mailers use it, its the only thing thats missing in yours for me.

Sincerly,
H3R0M0

Offline alec

Re: Birthday Mails
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2021, 02:52:35 AM »
The Kolab's Calendar plugin integrates with addressbook, so it can display birthdays in the calendar and display notifications for them.

Aside of that I think that we could have some part of your proposal in the core. E.g. when user logs in, display a dialog with a list of birthdays in the next 7 days.

Mail notifications and wishes are a different story, I'm not a big fan of this part in the core, so it would be better done as a plugin.