Author Topic: Login falis siltently after successful installation and tests  (Read 3609 times)

Offline chlarsen

Login falis siltently after successful installation and tests
« on: October 02, 2020, 01:59:41 PM »
Dear All,
I have tried for several weeks to get RC going, starting with the previous version, upgraded to the current one, even upgraded PHP from 7.3 to 7.4 in the process, but to no avail: After a "successful" installation process, the login screen appears, accepts ANY username and password, silently fails and returns innocently. There is nothing in the logs (which are wirteable, because OI ca trigger an error log, if I prov8de the wrong password for the database), no indication of anything wrong.
I am running RC in a PHP jail under FreeBSD, where other application are living happily, each with privilege separation behind a reverse Nginx proxy in a separate jail, using PHP-FPM and another application-side Nginx instance (mainly used to cache static assets). I have dep;oyed RC with PostgreSQL (running happily in a different jail) and use Redis (again in a separate jail) as session cache/manager for PHP. Mail services are supplied by Postfix and Cyrus-IMAPd in another jail, using OpenLDAP as authentication framework, and, yes, they are working like a charm with other apps.
All this should be pretty much routine, but I get zero feedback from RC nor the system, except innocent 200 access data from Nginx.
Any idea what I might be missing?
Thank you so much!
Chris

Offline technq

Re: Login falis siltently after successful installation and tests
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2021, 06:47:37 PM »
I am having the same problem.
I have installed RC on a new Nethserver and did not get any errors on installation.
Just get "Unable to connect to the database!" when try to access webmail.
Did you find an answer?