Author Topic: Mark message for deletion.  (Read 4404 times)

Offline makaeb

Mark message for deletion.
« on: April 01, 2008, 12:08:25 PM »
I am using outlook on my home computer, to acces my imap account. My service provider is running Roundcube.

When you "delete" a message using outlook it is only flagged for deletion. It stays on the server. When logging into roundcube this shows as a striked through message line in the inbox. And all this is very good.

However, when you delete a message, using Roundcube, ALL of the messages marked for deletion by outlook are deleted forever. Gone. Not moved to "Deleted items"(my Roundcube is in danish, so I don't know the english folder name) or anything. Just gone.

This surely must be a bug. Right?

Offline makaeb

Re: Mark message for deletion.
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 11:06:21 AM »
I am sad to see, that none of the developers has replied to my topic.

Even my mobile phone is able to support "mark for deletion" correct.

Please. Give just any answer. Do others experience the same? Are you thinking about a bugfix? Anything would be appreciated.

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
Mark message for deletion.
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2008, 09:57:26 AM »
Are you using the "compact" link at the bottom, or are you selecting a message and deleting it?

If you use the compact link, it's working as expected.  It will compact your folder and remove those flagged for deletion.  If you don't want them deleted, don't flag them for deletion.

If this happens when you just select an email and then click "Delete" or press the delete key, then it's most likely a bug.