Author Topic: Automatically deletion  (Read 1539 times)

Tres Mancias

Automatically deletion
« on: January 17, 2022, 11:18:52 AM »
Hello,

I´m using Roundcube on a site hosted in a shared served. I´ve checked the option to automatically delete emails incoming in the Trash folder (Server Configuration tab) but I´m still seeing a couple of them there. Also, hosting informed several spam emails were sent from that account (there´s a automatic forwarding set, too, so everything from that account is forwarded to another one).

#1 As I´m still seeing spam in that folder, is it possible that automatic deletion has been unset from the server side?

#2 When setting two directives (forwarding, automatic deleting), is it possible to configure to trigger one of them in the first place? In this case, first deleting spam messages and only then forwarding the incoming emails.

Thanks,

Julia

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: Automatically deletion
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2022, 04:35:28 AM »
#1 As I´m still seeing spam in that folder, is it possible that automatic deletion has been unset from the server side?

The option in Roundcube is "Clear Trash on logout". So when you login you'll see messages in your Trash because you have to logout to clear them.

#2 When setting two directives (forwarding, automatic deleting), is it possible to configure to trigger one of them in the first place? In this case, first deleting spam messages and only then forwarding the incoming emails.

That will depend on the filtering system being used so you should probably check that with your provider.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Tres Mancias

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2022, 05:40:09 PM »
Hello,

One of the emails in the Trash folder is from November 2021! So even when I log out, it´s still there ...do yoy know why?

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2022, 03:31:22 AM »
Is you Trash folder assigned correctly under Settings > Preferences > Special Folders?

Tres Mancias

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2022, 09:02:05 AM »
Hello,

It´s been set like that since using this app. I guess it´s been assigned by the server's administration when installed ...May deletion be annuled by some server side setting?

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2022, 03:10:30 AM »
you need to ask your provider about any server side settings

Tres Mancias

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2022, 10:21:08 AM »
I´d like to know if that´s possible with Roundcube since I´m not a programmer or developer, just a regular user with no knowledge at all about configuring it. I´d like to know if some kind of setting on the server side may be annuling my settings in Roundcube dashboard
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 09:22:35 AM by Tres Mancias »