Author Topic: Standard header  (Read 16289 times)

Offline flash

Re: Standard header
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2006, 12:11:19 PM »
I cannot login so I cannot see it or check the html. The login page is different from the skin. But it would also be hard by looking at the html to see what you did to make this work.

You added two lines of code (for the
and
) if I understand what you are saying. Exactly what and where? And where did you put the header code. Sounds too easy . . .

I was sure that absoloute positioning could not be overridden . . . glad to be wrong.

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2006, 01:42:17 PM »
Heh... Basically every .html page where the tag didn't have the word "iframe" or "extwin" as an attribute was modified. I think this left me every file but 3 ;) My first step was just to add the following line after the declaration:
Code: [Select]
<div id=&quot;container&quot;>and the following line before the declaration:

Then I edited the common.css file and added the following CSS:
#container
{
position: absolute;
top: 102px;
left: 0;
right: 0;
bottom: 0;

width: 100%;
}

The next thing to do was add my header code, which was the
junk from before and just set that to a position of top: 0; left: 0; and all is well!!

I know I read somewhere absolute positioning is absolute relative to the containing elements of HTML.... I know I read it somewhere....

Basically, when you absolutely position an element, it's taken out of the flow and positioned absolutely in relation to it's containing element. Since RC didn't have a container (except the tag) it was relative to the browser window. Now with a container, it's realtive to the containing div, and not the browser window.

HERE is a good article to read about it.

Offline flash

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2006, 03:06:04 PM »
Interesting article. I have learned some css today. Thank you for the education. :) I suppose I had never "positioned" the container before. I have used absolute positioning in containers, but never positioned containers. That could be very handy in a lot of situations.

So you still had to modify a lot of files. IMHO, the skin should be done so that the header is really the header (through the body tag) and including a header. In looking now, I see that is not the case (I did look at that these files before but did not remember). So I see why you had to mod so many files.

Offline FatJonny

« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2006, 06:16:38 PM »
Just to revive this thread... I'm trying to do this on my site. I managed to simply add an extra
containing my header image into the file header.html and this seems to work fine, almost. It adds the image file into roundcube pages everywhere except the login page. So where is the html file that contains the login page code?

Look here to see what I mean:

http://www.lehuray.com/email
login: test
password: test

I'm still playing with the CSS, so there's a few minor things that still need tweaking.

Offline bpat1434

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 08:06:16 AM »
Well, the .html templates are in the skins/skin_name/ folder. You just have to open each one as needed to edit it. Like I said, you'll need to open all but like 3.