Author Topic: Roundcube Webmail 1.4.12 - Sending emails from the Brave browser does not work  (Read 1428 times)

Offline Gmanicus

Hello,

I logged into my Roundcube email via hostgator to reply to an email. My main browser is the Brave browser (based on Chromium). When I attempted to send an email, it showed the "Sending email..." prompt, but even after 5mins, the email did not send. I checked the developer network requests, and it turns out that it only sent one request, but it was to get the loading animation for the prompt! Lol.

I'm not sure if this is a Hostgator issue or a Roundcube issue. Please let me know if this is an issue on Hostgator's end and I will contact them instead.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
What does the network tab show is the response to that request? I could be down to a webserver plugin like wordfence or mod_security blocking the request. see https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/issues/7494. Does it affect HTML and plain text emails or only HTML?

if hostgator are the ones running your installation of Roundcube they are the people you need to contact.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦

Offline Gmanicus

Strangely, the only network request that went through was the get request for the loading animation. I believe I had the network filter set to "All", so that shouldn't have hidden anything. And this was when I was just trying to send Plain Text with an attachment. I was, however, able to login using Firefox and send the email that way without issue.

Gotcha. I'll probably contact them at some point to let them know it's an issue.