Release Support > Pending Issues

Activating PHP8.1 breaks roundcubemail 1.6-beta (solved)

(1/1)

eehmke:
I upgraded my 1.5.2 instance to 1.6-beta. The instance runs on PHP8.0. That worked fine, I could log in, read emails and open the configuration. As the document says the version would be compatible to PHP8.1, I changed the running PHP fpm to 8.1. Now I cannot log in anymore, it says "Die Anmeldung ist fehlgeschlagen." ("Login failed"). In the error log I find messages like this:

PHP Warning:  Undefined array key "ssl_mode" in /var/www/roundcubemail/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_imap_generic.php on line 1053

Reverting to PHP8.0 did not help.

See my last response, issue is solved.

JohnDoh:
That means you must have imap_debug enabled which would suggest you have other more relevant log entries available. what does your imap debug log show? When you move to 1.6 beta did you update your roundcube config for the breaking changes?

--- Quote ---Breaking Changes

The following config options have either been removed or renamed:

IMAP:
        renamed default_host to imap_host
        removed default_port option (non-standard port can be set via imap_host)
        set “localhost:143” as a default for imap_host
    SMTP:
        renamed smtp_server to smtp_host
        removed smtp_port option (non-standard port can be set via smtp_host)
        set “localhost:587” as a default for smtp_host
    LDAP:
        removed port option from ldap_public array (non-standard port can be set via host)
        removed use_tls option from ldap_public array (use tls:// prefix in host)
    Managesieve:
        removed managesieve_port option (non-standard port can be set via managesieve_host)
        removed managesieve_usetls option (tls:// prefix in managesieve_host have to be used)

--- End quote ---

eehmke:
Yes I accepted the suggested automatic update of the config file. As I said, the 1.6-beta worked at first, only broke when I changed to PHP 8.1.

I have reverted to 1.5.2, reinstalled the database and got it running again. Will wait for the final and prepare a better backup next time.

eehmke:
Ok I repeated the upgrade and did all steps more careful. I could not reproduce the issue. So I see this as solved.

I had changed the options to the new values in config/config.inc.php, but there were config files for my different domains that were included by the main config file. These contained the old values.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version