Author Topic: Conversion of Email from Eudora/Mailbox to RoundCube/Maildir  (Read 2672 times)

Offline sirgeek

I've finally managed to get so that I can get emails from Eudora on a Windows XP box (don't judge :p ) into my Dovecot IMAP server (and Maildir).

When I look at the emails in RoundCube, they're not "right".. The Emails from Eudora are "x-html" format.

Code: [Select]
<x-html>
<html><head><style type="text/css"><!-- DIV {margin:0px;} --></style></head><body><div style="font-family:times new roman,
new york, times, serif;font-size:12pt"><DIV>Starting this Monday May 17th at 630 is the meeting for the 40 frame summer league, then
bowling to follow.&nbsp; If anyone is interested please let me know sometime before 6 Monday....either by email or by calling me at
XXXYYYZZZZ.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Also...Please keep June 12th open for the next 40 frame tournament.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks Again</DIV>
<DIV>Mike</DIV></div><br>

</body></html>
</x-html>

They show up as either -
  • Blank
  • Plain Text version of the text above

Does anyone have suggestions for how to convert these to a format that RoundCube will recognize as HTML Emails.. Or even just convert them to plain text ?

Thanks for any help.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2022, 05:33:19 PM by sirgeek »

Offline SKaero

• Administrator
    • SKaero - Custom Roundcube development
Re: Conversion of Email from Eudora/Mailbox to RoundCube/Maildir
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2022, 04:39:00 PM »
If HTML emails are showing up blank make sure the PHP DOM extension is enabled.

Offline sirgeek

Re: Conversion of Email from Eudora/Mailbox to RoundCube/Maildir
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2022, 05:32:15 PM »
New HTML based emails show properly.. These are Eudoras bastardized way of doing emails..

Worst case scenario I'll need to create something that does a search/replace on the X-HTML fix the issues..

removing the X-HTML doesn't work either..