Author Topic: newbie here, interested (I think) in roundcube  (Read 3738 times)

Offline dax702

newbie here, interested (I think) in roundcube
« on: May 14, 2008, 09:54:47 PM »
Hello, I run a small business (3 people) and we've been using Eudora on one computer for the last several years. It's a pain because only one person can effectively reply to email at a time. (I can install Eudora on each system but if computer A send an email, it's not going to show up as sent in computer B's sent box) I was looking at hosted webmail solutions and then I saw roundcube mentioned in another forum.  Is roundcube something I can install on my web host and run so that we can all see a snapshot of what the incoming and outgoing email looks like? Or is this something totally different?

I have also found Zimbra, what is the difference?

Offline evb

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 03:08:26 AM »
You are correct, but some knowledge about installing php, a webserver, a mailserver (for example the free hmailserver), etc is necessary to get it working.
If these things are saying nothing to you, then don't start with roundcube or hire somebody with the knowledge.
You have also squirrelmail, but RoundCube is much more advanced on the display and look. Squirrelmail has the advantage that it is an easy installation.

Offline dax702

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 03:10:20 AM »
Thanks for the reply - I was able to install roundcube after just making an edit to my php.ini for magic_quotes setting. Unfortunately, having gotten used to Eudora, RoundCube is not yet fully featured enough for me to be able to use it just yet.  It is nice though, good job so far =)