Author Topic: Cannot send mail...  (Read 1499 times)

Offline starion

Cannot send mail...
« on: August 14, 2022, 02:39:23 PM »
I know, it's the age-old ongoing question.  I had a previous roundcube installation that was working.  The server that it was on crashed, so I downloaded the latest version and installed it on our rebuilt server.

I am able to IMAP in and see everything.

I cannot, however, send anything out, it keeps telling me SMTP Error(): Authentication failed.

Now I don't think I'm a complete newbie, I've been running our mail server for 10 years.  But I have tried EVERY combination of $config smtp_host and $config smtp_auth_type, and NONE of them work.  I've spent two days on this now, have read a hundred pages on people with the same issue, and I can't seem to get this solved.

My mail client logs in and I can send/receive email, so I don't believe it's a mail server issue.  I need help getting this going!

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: Cannot send mail...
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2022, 12:14:06 PM »
What is the specific error you are trying told solve? Whats in the Roundcube error log and/or your SMTP logs?

The lack of an error code is a bit strange, if your SMTP server does not support/require authentication then set smtp_user and smtp_pass to empty strings to disable authentication.

If you are having certificate verification problems have a look at https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/wiki/FAQ#problems-connecting-imapsmtp-server-via-ssltls
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and moreā€¦