Author Topic: Mail going to INBOX.Sent folder not visible in Sent folder in RC Webmail client?  (Read 1961 times)

Offline pixie

Hi

I'm using IMAP for incoming mail management and sending via SMTP.
When I use an IMAP api and ask my email server for folder names, it prefixes all the names with INBOX - e.g. INBOX.Sent
I can see the message in these folders using those names.
When I send a message using SMTP I manually save a copy of that message in the INBOX.Sent folder.

When using the Roundcube Webmail client, the messages that are visible via the API in the INBOX.Sent folder are not showing in the users 'Sent' folder.
I switched on the use real names for special folder setting for the client but no luck.

Any guidance greatly appreciated - apologies if this is the wrong section to post this  ::)
Thanks
John

Offline pixie

Correction - when I save a message to 'INBOX.Sent' it comes up in Webmail in the Inbox folder view.

Offline Dmitry42

not sure but may be there is difference between settings of folder path separators.

May be somewhere set "/" and somewhere set ".", so INBOX/Sent and INBOX.Sent not compatiblle

Offline alec

There have been some fixes for servers with INBOX. namespace in git already. Try this fix.

https://github.com/roundcube/roundcubemail/commit/9d9912c12fe695e926c3b9fe6892b74298400f8a

Offline pixie

thanks - my hosting provider is running Roundcube so I'll try to get them to update...