Release Support > Pending Issues

Trouble installing Roundcube 1.6.0

(1/3) > >>

arpringle:
Hello,

I have recently been following Xiao Guoan's excellent tutorial series on creating a mail server from scratch. It can be found over on linuxbabe.com. The only section where I've really run into trouble is installing Roundcube. The steps I followed for installation can be found here: https://www.linuxbabe.com/ubuntu/install-roundcube-webmail-ubuntu-postgresql. During my instalI process, I did everything the same as in this tutorial, with the exception of installing newer 8.1 PHP packages and downloading 1.6.0 instead of 1.5.2. However, whenever I go to the web site, instead of seeing the web-based installer, I get the "Oops, something went wrong. An internal error has occurred. Your request cannot be processed at this time."

Checking /var/www/roundcube/logs/errors.log, the error file, doesn't clear much of anything up. It throws SQL error 2002, saying that there is "no such file or directory" and the error can be found in /var/www/roundcube/program/lib/Roundcube/rcube_db.php , at line 200.

Line 200 itself is just the line of code that throws the error. Taking a look at the preceding lines of code appears that perhaps Roundcube is having a difficult time opening the imported Postgres database?

Another hint might be that this problem has persisted even after I deleted the entire Roundcube directory, dropped the Roundcube pgsql database and associated user, and restarted from the top of the Roundcube tutorial. So potentially this could be related to a configuration parameter outside of Roundcube, for instance, in Apache?

I'm not very knowledgeable about PHP or SQL, so I don't exactly have the tools to troubleshoot this. Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

SKaero:
When you configure the database connect in Roundcube are you setting the database host to "localhost" or "127.0.0.1"?

arpringle:

--- Quote from: SKaero on October 25, 2022, 06:04:26 PM ---When you configure the database connect in Roundcube are you setting the database host to "localhost" or "127.0.0.1"?

--- End quote ---

127.0.0.1 I believe. The command that the tutorial tells me to issue to connect the database is this one:

--- Code: ---psql -h 127.0.0.1 -d roundcube -U roundcubeuser -W -f /var/www/roundcube/SQL/postgres.initial.sql
--- End code ---

SKaero:
I'm referring to what you enter at step Step 7: Finish the Installation in Web Browser for the Database server.

arpringle:

--- Quote from: SKaero on October 26, 2022, 11:24:39 AM ---I'm referring to what you enter at step Step 7: Finish the Installation in Web Browser for the Database server.

--- End quote ---

Oh, I haven't gotten there. I can't even open the web-based install.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version