Author Topic: Can't access roundcube via domain, but fine with ip.  (Read 1860 times)

Offline neumann

Can't access roundcube via domain, but fine with ip.
« on: January 02, 2023, 01:52:38 PM »
Hi Community.

I'm new in here and as such I've tried to search the community for a solution before posting. But it is hard to find the right search terms, so I hope you can bare with me.

I have a very fresh installment of ispconfig 3.2.9, and has moved the e-mail accounts from my old server and all is fine. I can send and receive e-mails from outlook, without any problems. All is fine and so I know postfix and dovecot is working as expected.

But with rouncube I have some issues:
I can use the local ip of the server 192.168.0.200/webmail - no problems I can log-in. The inbox and other folders show up with content as if I used outlook as client.
I can use the global ip of the server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/webmail - no problems I can log-in. As with the local ip, my folders show and content as well. But it is not secured, so it is not safe.
I can use the servers domain: bnjprio.dk/webmail - but here I can log-in, but folders are present, but no content is shown in any folders. This looks like a DNS problem, but I can't figure out what it could be. I have opened port 53, which I understand is necessary, both in ispconfig and my router.

Is there something obvious I have missed? Any ideas and pointers are appreciated.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
Re: Can't access roundcube via domain, but fine with ip.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2023, 12:49:24 PM »
I can use the servers domain: bnjprio.dk/webmail - but here I can log-in, but folders are present, but no content is shown in any folders. This looks like a DNS problem, but I can't figure out what it could be. I have opened port 53, which I understand is necessary, both in ispconfig and my router.

Because you can connect to your webserver I'd say this is nothing to do with your router. I'm not sure if you really need port 53 open - are your running your own DNS server?. Certainly Roundcube would never use it as part of serving up the application.

Check your browser console for JS errors. Given you can login and the problem only starts with JS tasks like loading a folder's contents hopefully there are some clues there.
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline neumann

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2023, 01:27:45 AM »
I'm sorry to ask. But where do I find js errors (I'm using chrome). By the way it is also from the same chrome I get connected via ip addresses boty internal and external.

Offline JohnDoh

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2023, 02:26:21 PM »
In the console tab of the dev tools
Roundcube Plugins: Contextmenu, SpamAssassin Prefs, and more…

Offline Dmitry42

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2023, 11:48:01 AM »
I think you have problem with your web-server configuration. My opinion difference between IP or domain name access - in your web server configs.