Roundcube Community Forum

Webmail not accessible anymore

Started by renato79, March 09, 2023, 10:09:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

renato79

Hello!

I hope someone could help with this. I'm using Debian with HestiaCP, and I have exim4, dovecot, roundcube.

Yesterday I decided to change my root user password for MySQL because I was not able to access to PHPMyAdmin, I changed the password and finally I could access.

After that when I try to access to webmail.mydomain.ie I see this:

QuoteOops... something went wrong!
An internal error has occurred. Your request cannot be processed at this time.

For administrators: Please check the application and/or server error logs for more information.

I have no idea why changing MySQL root user password created this problem.

Please could you help me solving this? I can't access to my emails anymore.

Thank you very much!

Renato

SKaero

Its possible Roundcube was configured to connect to the database using the root user. You would need to check the Roundcube error log located at <RC root>/logs/errors to verify and you change update the database password located in <RC root>/config/config.inc.php

renato79

Quote from: SKaero on March 09, 2023, 10:33:25 AM
Its possible Roundcube was configured to connect to the database using the root user. You would need to check the Roundcube error log located at <RC root>/logs/errors to verify and you change update the database password located in <RC root>/config/config.inc.php

Thank you for your answer, I checked error.log in /var/log/roundcube/error.log but the file is just empty. How could I update the password in order to access again to webmail? The file /etc/roundcube/config.inc.php doesn't have a variable where I could replace the password.

SKaero

The database configuration should be in the <RC root>/config/config.inc.php file in the database connection string in the variable $config['db_dsnw']